Saffron Lemonade with Omakase Berries
This recipe by Jess Damuck, author of "Salad Freak", uses Omakase Berries and saffron for a unique take on this classic summer drink.
We're ecstatic to be sharing this recipe from Jess Damuck, author of the best-selling cookbook Salad Freak. Working alongside Martha Stewart for over a decade as a food editor and stylist, Jess has developed and styled content for Eater and Bon Appétit. This Saffron Lemonade is a wonderful summer treat.
What You'll Need
- 8 Oishii Omakase Berries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of saffron
makes 1 drink
- 1 ounce strawberry saffron simple syrup
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice for serving
How to Make It
- In a small pot, combine the strawberries, sugar, water and saffron.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Make sure all the sugar has dissolved and then remove from heat.
- Let cool completely and then strain with a fine mesh sieve.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine syrup, mezcal and lemon juice.
- Shake well and strain into an ice filled glass.
- Top with a splash of soda if desired— or make a big batch in a pitcher (hold the ice)!