Floating Islands Cocktail
A warming cocktail by Ramy Lavy is inspired by a wood-burning fire and roasted marshmallows. To add the smoky aroma we use Mezcal and an herbal Italian Amaro. The strawberry pops against the bitter Amaro, and the marshmallow is an unexpected charred note.
How to make it:
1. Combine amaro, mezcal, syrup, lemon juice, and aquafaba into a shaker and dry shake.
2. Add ice and shake again until cold.
3. Fine strain into a serving glass.
4. Top with marshmallow fluff and torch until browned.
5. Finish with sliced strawberries and enjoy.
The Omakase Berry Syrup
1. In a small saucepan combine equal amounts of water, sugar and halved strawberries (1:1:1).
2. Bring to a simmer (do not boil) until sugar is dissolved.
3. Let cool a little then move to a blender and blend.
4. Fine strain and it’s ready to use.
The result is a relatively light syrup, rich with strawberry aroma and taste.