How to make it:
Prep Time 20 mins, Cook Time 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, ¾ cup cocoa powder, 1½ cups coconut sugar, baking soda & salt. Mix in ½ cup oil, vinegar & water just until a batter forms & no lumps remain. Pour into a greased 9 inch cake pan. Bake until the center is cooked through, 30-35 mins.
3. While the cake bakes, make the chocolate glaze: In a double boiler, melt remaining 2 TB cocoa powder, remaining 2 TB coconut sugar, remaining ¼ cup oil & chocolate chips. Mix until smooth & keep warm until serving.
4. Transfer the cake to a serving platter. Pour the chocolate glaze over the cake & slice.
- If no cake pan is available, use any other oven safe 9 inch pan. Or use a smaller mold & adjust baking time.
- You can line any baking vessel with parchment paper instead of greasing for easy removal.
- Avoid making a chocolate mess by first setting the cake on a serving platter & then drizzling with sauce.
Create a double boiler by simmering 2-3 inches of water in a small saucepan, and then fitting a metal bowl on top. Make sure the bowl fits the saucepan snuggly & that no water touches the bowl (just gentle steam). Using a double boiler helps prevent overheating & burning the chocolate.
If you have flake salt or chocolate shavings, sprinkle some on top of the cake after adding the sauce.
Dietary & Allergen Info
Vegan / Dairy Free / Contains Gluten