Vegan Omakase Berry Yogurt
This Omakase Berry Vegan Yogurt is quick and easy and creates a large batch to enjoy for days – plain or flavored with a swirl of berry purée. The Omakase Berry purée gives this pink bowl a bright burst of strawberry flavor. This yogurt will keep well in the refrigerator for at least 4 to 5 days.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups young thai coconut meat (fresh or frozen)
- ½ to 1 cup coconut water or plain filtered water
- 1 tsp. probiotic powder
- ¼ to ½ cup Omakase Berry, strained to remove seeds
How to make it:
- If using frozen coconut, break it into pieces and allow it to thaw in the jar of a high speed blender.
- Purée coconut meat + water until it is silky smooth. For thick and creamy yogurt use less liquid. Start with ½ cup and slowly add more as desired.
- Transfer to a glass bowl or jar and stir in the probiotics using a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Cover the container with cheesecloth and let the yogurt ferment in a warm place for at least 8 hours, preferably around 12 hours. It will become light + fluffy + tangy when it’s ready.
- Stir in the berry purée and enjoy – topped with fresh fruit, granola, a drizzle of honey or anything that makes your heart happy!